IT’S ABOUT TIME!
HH, Sir Godfrey Gregg D.Div
Scripture: Ephesians 5: 15-16 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time (making the most of every opportunity), because the days are evil.
Psalm 90: 12 So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Here is my thought for Today: Time is the most valuable resource we have in this life. The ways you utilize time in your day will determine how productive you are. Let’s ponder the passing of time…seconds turn to minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, days to weeks, weeks to months and months to years. Each of us has the same amount of time each day. The question is how we choose to use and invest the time each day. Why do we waste so much time on things that amount to nothing? Our children develop patterns of living by watching us. They witness us watching hours of television shows, interacting on social media, playing video games, texting friends and other activities that consume hours of unproductive time. Many chase dreams, accomplish great things, work many years completing rewarding careers. But has all the time spent on those things accomplished God’s will and purpose in their lives? How much value do you place on the use of the time God gives you each day?
The Word of God offers an understanding of time and its use that will change your life when applied. Here are a few of them.
- Your time is not your own. Before you were born, God knew you before you were formed in your mother’s womb. (Jeremiah 1:5) God determined the length of your life on earth and had a plan for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- The Psalmist teaches us to ask the Lord to show us the length of our days (time) so that we may gain wisdom from God. (Psalm 90:12)
- Live your life in the will of God with wisdom and purpose; pay attention to the way you live your life. (Ephesians 5: 14-15)
- Don’t miss key moments in life. Redeem the time and make the most of every opportunity for Christ! (Ephesians 5: 14-15)
- God is not bound by time, He created time. He was before the beginning and He shall be after the end. (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1)
God expects His people to be fruitful and productive with the time He has given us. He expects you to utilize time to seek the Kingdom, learn of Christ, serve Him and bring others to Him. He also desires for you to prepare and gain skills that will enable you to represent His Kingdom with excellence in the marketplace. The days that we live in are evil. He wants you to share the Gospel in a lost and dying world. God desires you to use the time He has given you to fulfil His purposes and touch people in His name. Will you stop and assess where and how you spend the time He has given you? Will you give more of your time to preparing and doing the Lord’s work?
Remember, It’s About Time! “Only what you do for Christ will stand the test of time. ”
It’s Time to Pray: Heavenly Father, Please forgive me for all of the time I have wasted on things that were not important in your plan for my life. Teach me to number my days, grow in my faith and relationship with Christ daily so that I may draw people to You and fulfil my purpose. That we may know the hope of our calling in You from henceforth. AMEN